Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Famous Fried Rice

Last night, I made my beautifully preggo sister and wonderfully supportive brother-in-law a dish to be remembered, if I do say so myself.  Sometimes we just have a craving for certain foods to tango with our taste buds and yesterday afternoon I got a text from E asking me to make her my famous fried rice. I have been making this (with some alterations here and there) since I was in high school and over the years Ive gotten better at it. I've never actually had a recipe for it, I just kind of wing it. But last night this seemed to work really well, so I thought I'd share for your stomach's pleasure:

3 cups cooked brown rice
1 table spoon extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 diced green bell pepper
1 diced yellow onion
1 chopped large carrot
2 eggs scrambled
1 pound steak marinated in Asian ginger marinade (all day)- chunked after cooking
3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce

Cook the brown rice according to the back of the package.  Meanwhile, scramble eggs and cook steak almost all of the way through.  Move rice into a LARGE skillet. Add oils to rice so it does not stick to the pan.  Add veggies, eggs, and unfinished steak to rice. Fry on medium to medium high for about 10 minutes, add soy sauce. Continue cooking another 10 minutes or until onions peppers and steak are done cooking.  Serve piping hot!

It completely satisfied all of our cravings! Can you say yum?!


1 comment:

  1. This sounds sooo good! I just have to ask, how do you cook your steak? Did you grill it over the stove or que it up? I'm really illiterate when it comes to cooking meat, so I have to ask!

    ReplyDelete