Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Super Sneaky Mac and Cheese Adventure

Somewhere between being savvy and being healthy, this delish culinary adventure morphed from a mere dream to reality. Come along for the ride! This recipe is one that I found on SneakyChef.com (again…love that site!) and I’m actually VERY impressed with how well this turned out. AND there’s a serving of veggies in it! SUPER EASY TOO!

Ingredients :
- 4 cups cooked elbows or other small pasta shape (about 1/2 pound dry)
- 1 1/2 cups evaporated skim milk
- 1/4 cup White Puree (see Make-Ahead Recipe #4)
- 4 ounces reduced fat light colored cheese (like white cheddar)
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard (ideally honey mustard; don’t use spicy mustard)

> Mix all together in pot over low heat, mix; add pasta, stir 


I didn’t have any mustard….so naturally is substituted this with bacon bits. (don’t judge me) it was excellent! I literally could NOT taste the veggies in it.  I had to stir this a little longer to get the evaporated skim milk to thicken into more of a sauce, but it was worth the wait. I recommend! 






No comments:

Post a Comment